Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default Bare conductive paint

I ended up throwing out the Bare crap and bought a Circuit Works silver paint pen. The traces I made to replace the missing traces on the plastic membrane keyboard were about an ohm for an inch IIRC. What I do remember is that I made several samples traces on a plastic sheet before committing to the repair, and a couple of them were *much* higher in resistance than they should be. Circuit Works recommended shaking the pen for a short time, but if you get one, shake the beejeesus out of it for 10 minutes or more. Short shake times result in high resistance.

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:48:29 AM UTC-5, N_Cook wrote:
I hope you were aware that:
You paint a patch of the paint, let it dry , and then score lines in it
with a scalpel to make the "insulators"

The original keypad was made using several layers of plastic sheets, with the original traces painted on with no solder resist applied on top. I put some adhesive tape down along the path of the original traces, painted between, and removed the tape. It looked and ohmed out (yes, ouch) the same as the original, so no insulator was needed.

But will you explain the score lines making insulators?