Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

"SMS" wrote in message
Costco also seems to have a corporate philosophy of not being sleazy. They
never charged separately for valves or road hazard and they never set tire
prices artificially low and then tried to make it up with high mounting
and balancing prices. Even now you see tire stores advertise that they'll
meet Costco's tire prices but when you see the total price it's much
higher even though they meet the basic price per tire.

The way I price tires is to ask for the total out the door price including
tax and anything else.

As you say , some places dollar you to death adding things on like mounting
and valve stems. The way I look at it is I am not buying a tire to take
home, I want it on the car and ready to drive off. I doubt very many
people go to a store and buy tires and take them home. Maybe a few to make
planters out of, but usually those are old tires.

---