Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Kraus[_2_] Larry Kraus[_2_] is offline

Default TV stand

On 11/13/2014 1:31 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:57:00 AM UTC-6, Larry Kraus wrote:
a flat screen TV stand/cabinet that
allowed the top to be pulled forward, easing access to the TV back and
the components on the shelf below.

"Full motion wall mount TV stand", attaches to the wall or back of a cabinet. I didn't see any woodworking plans, but you might be able to glean a construction plan from some pictures.
https://www.google.com/search?q=stan...w=1280&bih=841

I suppose you want to make one, since you asked for plans, but if not, you can purchase a good one for less than $100. No matter which, if wall mounted, make sure your wall is supportive enough, for the anchoring/weight.

Sonny

This looking like a TV Christmas. I want to add a 40-50" TV/monitor to
the man cave computer (which will get one of those wall mounts), and
don't feel right leaving my wife squinting at the 25" CRT in the living
room. That room is big enough to justify something in the 55-65" range
- which means the 25 year old entertainment center isn't going to work
anymore.

I want a quality bit of furniture, but prices on that link I posted
earlier run $5k-6k, and similar pieces in solid oak or cherry from local
Amish builders are still near $1000. I'm sitting here retired, with a
shop full of tools, a good stash of lumber and a wife who thinks I
should a least *look* busier. It's getting too cold to get out of her
sight on my motorcycle. So, I'm looking at ideas....