Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim w Tim w is offline

Default OT Shale gas.

On 13/11/2014 17:53, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Martin Brown
wrote:

The models will get refined. That is how science works.

That still won't help, any more than it does for weather modelling.

We can see how good weather models are, because the timescales involved
are short. So we know that today, predictions are good for a few days
and becomes progressively poor beyond that. And yet you're want to rely
on models that take us out a 100 years and which have done a poor
predictive job over the last 20 or so.

When I was about nine years old I remember in geography copying off the
blackboard the different definitions of climate and weather and being
told never to confuse the two.

Weather forecasting is totally and utterly different to climate forecasting.

Tim w