Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Kraus[_2_] Larry Kraus[_2_] is offline

Default TV stand

On 11/13/2014 1:04 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:57:00 AM UTC-6, Larry Kraus wrote:
I need some help locating a magazine article/plan. Some time in the past
year or two I saw pictures of a flat screen TV stand/cabinet that
allowed the top to be pulled forward, easing access to the TV back and
the components on the shelf below. Of course, now that we are shopping
for a new TV, I cannot find the article. Anybody remember this?

I'm not sure I'd build it as designed since it required fastening to the
wall to prevent tipping, but I recall that my wife thought it "looked
nice" when I showed it to her.

Wow... the last year or two... no magazine reference, no internet reference, no woodworking TV show... just saw it somewhere. Long shot, indeed.

Maybe this will help you get going.

http://goo.gl/bv71tY

Robert

Yeah, a long shot indeed. My wife remembered the "nice" appearance, I
remember the "gadgetry" of the sliding top (on full extension slides).
Spent most of the morning Googling, browsing through stacks of magazines
, looking through some of the digital mags I have, getting sidetracked...

Leon, I'm pretty sure it was a magazine plan, and the TV sat on the top.
As I recall they did not make a big deal of the sliding top and the
"screw the cabinet to the wall" requirement was kind of snuck in near
the end. If I kept that feature I'd probably add a fold down leg to
support the top during wiring changes.

If I can't find it I may borrow some styling ideas he
http://www.greendesigns.com/index.ht.../new_items/new.