Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Old Technics tuner, anyone ... ?

wrote in message
I don't know specifically, but will check my service manuals on CD for
this one.
Any particular problem you are addressing? I may also have service
bullitens.

Dan

It has no 'proper' output. A bit of hum-y noise and that's it. Display is
normal. Appears to tune normally, but I'm sure it isn't. Looks like a PSU
problem or maybe a rail getting dragged down somewhere by a leaky rail
decoupling cap as used to be common on all sorts of Pan gear back in the
day. I picked one of the IF processor chips at random and looked up the data
sheet on it to find the Vcc pin. The sheet claimed a Vcc of 14 volts, but
there's actually only about 5 volts on the pin. I tried following the print
back, but it rapidly starts jumping around the board on wire links and print
'splits'. It's really not worth spending the time on trying to trace where
the rail comes from, and what decouplers are hanging across it, but it would
of course be a very simple fix with the benefit of a schematic. If all else
fails, I can get a download copy for $4.99 of the 'net, but cheapskate as I

Arfa