Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Korg SP 250, electric piano

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 01:55:37 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Greetings Arfa,
I'm in America. I have never heard of "Bacofoil". Is it just aluminum
foil? I know that we share many products that go by different names.
But then there are a few products that we don't share with you folks
on the other side of the water. Like Marmite, for example. I can buy
Marmite here, but I won't.
Cheers,
Eric

Yep, just ally foil, usually shiny on one side and dull on the other.
"Bacofoil" is just one of the original trade names associated with the
product over here. Anyone my age will just call it Bacofoil in the same way
as just about any vacuum cleaner gets called a "Hoover".

Just as a matter of interest, why would you not buy Marmite ? Is it just
that you don't like the taste ?

Arfa

I tried Marmite and just plain didn't like it. A store called "The
British Pantry" that I used to live near sold it. They suggested
spreading it on crackers. I tried it and decided not to try it again.
This is not to suggest that I don't like different things or strong
tasting stuff. I make several types of Thai curries and one ubiquitous
ingredient called for is fish sauce. I bought some, opened the bottle,
and the smell of rotten fish almost gagged me when I stuck my nose
over the bottle and breathed in. The curry I was making called for 1/4
cup of the stuff but the smell was so bad I only used 1 tablespoon.
The curry just didn't taste right until I used the proper 1/4 cup
amount. Maybe I need to put Marmite in something to flavor it. Thanks
for identifying Bacofoil. The reason for a dull side and a shiny side
is because the foil is rolled as two sheets which are separated after
rolling. The shiny side is the side facing the rolls. Thanks for
posting the link too.
Eric