View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_4 View Post
Inquiring minds want to know how that toilet bowl cleaner is going
to get to the bathtub if all he does is weight the container down
and put it in a bathtub with water.
Well, Trader, that's exactly it.

What do these containers look like and how would one go about "weighing them down" so they don't float in the water? One obvious possibility is to put glasses full of water in the bathtub and put each bottle of toilet bowl cleaner upside down in a glass. The problem there is that if more than a little toilet bowl cleaner seeps out of the bottle, and overflows the glass, there may be enough acid flowing toward the tub drain to dissolve the chrome plating on it. I have no idea what Mickey would end up doing here, so I thought it would be prudent to at least warn him/her that any hydrochloric acid based toilet bowl cleaner could attack the chrome plating on the bathtub drain. That way, he/she'd be aware of the potential harm and would avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_4 View Post
I presume this is a spray container?
Now, Trader, take a minute to think that through.

What could be more impractical than a toilet bowl cleaner being marketed in a hand pump spray bottle like Windex comes in? How would one actually spray the cleaner under the rim of the toilet bowl without the plastic bottle hitting the inside of the toilet bowl?

Most toilet bowl cleaners just come in an ordinary plastic bottle with a dispensing cap. You just squirt the toilet bowl cleaner into the bowl and spread it all over the bowl with a Scotchbrite pad or something similar.

Last edited by nestork : November 13th 14 at 04:35 PM