Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The chimes, the chimes...

In article ,
wrote:
On Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:45:40 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The old Rover has a couple of aftermarket things which buzz or bleep.
Lights on warning, and reversing sensor, both of which sound rather
horrid. The indicator clicker is also rather quiet - and I can't see
the warning lights when the wheel is set to the most comfortable
position for me.

So what I'd like is some form of chime generator or generators that
give a selection of different 'appropriate' noises and with an
analogue interface.

I can find ones that do a selection of alarm tones - or play various
tunes - but not anything car chime specific.

I'm happy to add an amp and speaker - it would be nice to be able to
have a user adjustable volume level too.

indicator: piezo bleeping disc, it will simply click at each switching.
If not loud enough, add a tiny transformer plus series cap. Don't feed
them over 100v or they wont last. Or you can just use a small speaker
with series cap.

That's what I already have for the reversing bleeper. Not a pleasant noise.

I'd like something more akin to a musical chord. Pleasant sound rather
than just a warning. And three different ones.

We had a Renault van at work which had a very pleasant chime as one of the
warnings.

--
*Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.