Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supply Fuse

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 08:16:40 +0000, Scott M wrote:

Western Power (ex SWEB) seem to be a good bunch like that. I had them
out to move a meter from inside to outside. Went to the depot to collect
the box and they waved me in the general direction of a stack of them
with a smile.

Cor flippin 'eck, we want to shift the meters here but getting blood
out of stone with hens teeth is easier than getting any sense out of
Electricty North West.

AFAICT you have to submit plans, with a non-returnable fee of about
£100, they look at the plans and say yay or nay with no feeback. They
won't even consider sending out some one with authority to make
decisions to look at the existing meters/supply and negociate a
suitable solution. Then of course technically ENW responsibly stops
at the cutout, meters are the suppliers responsibilty, can't get any
sense about wether they will do the lot, if they will cordinate with
the suppliers or if I have to...

--
Cheers
Dave.