Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Supply Fuse

In message , PeterC
writes
On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 19:54:50 +0000, Lawrence wrote:

My house had a 60A fuse on the incoming cutout. I rang Western Power
to enquire about an upgrade and within 90 minutes it was done. I now
have 80 amp fuse and was told it could go up to 100 amp if the cutout
was changed. Incredible service.
The question though. What current fuse is normal these days?

When my meter was changed about 3 years ago the chap wanted to put in a new
80A fuse in place of the 100A; I persuaded him to fit a new 100A instaead.
Seems that there might be a desire to /reduce/ load - I wonder why.

Unlikley I'd have thought.

how many people consider the rating of their main fuse when using their
electrical devices, and when was the last time you heard of someone
blowing their main fuse?
--
Chris French