Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supply Fuse

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 20:20:30 -0000, ARW wrote:

My house had a 60A fuse on the incoming cutout. I rang Western

Power to
enquire about an upgrade and within 90 minutes it was done. I now

have
80 amp fuse and was told it could go up to 100 amp if the cutout

was
changed. Incredible service. The question though. What current

fuse is
normal these days?

For a new build 100A. To get service like that your 60A fuse must have
blown.

Maybe where you are but I'd expect ENW to move fairly quickly. They
have when I've reported over volts... Mind you I've heard SFA since
they took away the volt recorder at least two weeks ago. That would
have over night averages of around 255 V. My UPS was logging peaks
over 260 V...

--
Cheers
Dave.