Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supply Fuse

In article ,
"ARW" writes:
"Lawrence" wrote in message
et...
My house had a 60A fuse on the incoming cutout. I rang Western Power to
enquire about an upgrade and within 90 minutes it was done. I now have 80
amp fuse and was told it could go up to 100 amp if the cutout was changed.
Incredible service.
The question though. What current fuse is normal these days?

For a new build 100A. To get service like that your 60A fuse must have
blown.

I got similar service on commercial premises many years ago,
and that was an upgrade from 60A to 100A - nothing had blown.
We were building a new computer room. The CU was already 100A
and the fuse carrier didn't need changing. I thought they might
change the meter as that was only rated at 40A, but they didn't
care about that. I was surprised there was no charge - I suppose
they were looking forward to the increased revenue.

--
Andrew Gabriel