Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Korg SP 250, electric piano

wrote in message ...

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:05:54 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...
On 12/11/2014 08:30, Gareth Magennis wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

Loss of pianisimo ? (heavy key press only to activate) on 2 keys. That
area schema/views not on elektrot. 2 contacts per key?, one worn or
dirty per key?

Nearly always due to dirty or worn key contact rubbers. These are
usually in octave strips available from the manufacturer.
Don't bother trying to repair these with paint etc. Really.
(Sometimes its just due to dirt - tobacco, pet hairs etc which can be
cleaned off)

Each key has 2 contacts, one hits the PCB before the other, the time
difference calculating the speed of impact, and thus loudness of note.

Gareth.

Assuming if not just grime, I have a large collection of zapper contact
sheets, to cut a couple of dimples from, and give them a go

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Really.

I knew that was going to happen.

Gareth.

Oh ye of little faith, Gareth. I'm sure he would be able to make them work
again nearly like new by coating with foil from a cigarette packet, or if
it's a *really* professional unit, Bacofoil ... :-)

Arfa

Greetings Arfa,
I'm in America. I have never heard of "Bacofoil". Is it just aluminum
foil? I know that we share many products that go by different names.
But then there are a few products that we don't share with you folks
on the other side of the water. Like Marmite, for example. I can buy
Marmite here, but I won't.
Cheers,
Eric

Eric, Marmite is really good for adding to a gravy that is a bit sweet,
fatty, or otherwise insipid or just not wide enough.
You only need a little, though. (If you can taste the Marmite you've put
too much in)
It can really open the whole thing out.

Anchovy does similar things to food that requires "something more to liven
it up but I don't know what".
Again you don't want it tasting of Anchovy.

Gareth.