Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Korg SP 250, electric piano

I liked the potential booby-trap of the interboard connector, don't
remember seeing that type of breakable union before.
I was surprised how clean the contacts and pcb pads were. I'll go with
the single fine blonde hair looped under the octave silicone sheet,
though not directly over the pads when I got to them , it was looped
around the 2 affected key positions, melded to the outer flange of the
silicone. The pads , moving and static and diodes,traces etc all test as
expected, otherwise. alance of probabilies goes with hair. It would be
quite an achievement to fudge up a conductive pad replacement. The
stepped arrangement of paired pads would not be a problem but that very
squashy , ie thinned silicone , of the pedastal of each pair would be
next to impossible to work-around, I assume they can split at that place
, with heavy use or over time.