Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Cleaning drain clogs

On 11/11/14, 12:52 PM, Ken wrote:
The reason I ask is I had a poorly flushing toilet and plunging it did
not improve the situation. I tried a snake but the trap of the toilet
and the direction of the drain pipe underneath it made the snake
ineffective. I ended up removing the toilet and used a snake. What I
discovered is the toilet met up with the tub drain pipe, and I know this
from the hair I pulled from the piping with the snake and the direction
the piping went.

When a toilet flushes slowly, sometimes it's because the water from the
tank isn't entering the bowl fast enough to raise the level and get
things flowing fast. If it happened to me, I'd dump a bucket of water
into the bowl to see if that, too, drained slowly.