Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Car tire balancing at home possible?

Joe Gwinn wrote:
In article , Terry Coombs

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 18:50:39 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I use change tires for a living and learned a easy trick to balance
a tire if you lower the air pressure to 10 - 15 pounds drive for
about 30 miles the tires will balance themselves I haven't payed
for tire balence in 20 years
I'm, calling BS.
As a mechanic since the late sixties.

Hey Clare , have you tried microbeads ? A guy I know swears they
work just swell , I'd think they would pick up the heavy spot and
make things worse.

A parallel is the spin dryer cycle in a washing machine. If one has a
large number of small items, or a mix of large and small, within
limits it will self balance. This was the great discovery that made
spin dryers practical.

As for automobile tires, one would thing that every bump in the road
would tend to de-balance things, so there would be some kind of
settling out effect.

Joe Gwinn

That's the something new I learned today ! Thanks Joe .

--
Snag