Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On 11/11/14 16:16, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:56:32 UTC, Clive George wrote:

Are we _really_ going through this again?

whisky-dave, you're wrong. Try looking at the law, not the
interpretation of it from people who stand to gain from saying it's
illegal to do stuff.

Then I need a superior being such as yourself to show me that law.

Can you tell me why you've not shown me that law ?
If you show me a law that say I can work on gas myself then I believe you.

Since you ask:

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998

Sorry Dave, Clive's correct and GasSafe are fudging the interpretation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1.../contents/made

Quoting:

3. (1) No person shall carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting
or gas storage vessel unless he is competent to do so.

(3) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraphs (1) and (2) above
and subject to paragraph (4) below, no employer shall allow any of his
employees to carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting or service
pipework and no self-employed person shall carry out any such work,
unless the employer or self-employed person, as the case may be, is a
member of a class of persons approved for the time being by the Health
and Safety Executive for the purposes of this paragraph.

---------

It's basically between those 2 paragraphs.