Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default jammed motors

On 11/11/2014 15:13, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Yesterday I went to clean some Command LPs from Scott Dorsey, and fix
the broken spindle on the record-cleaning machine (a Nitty-Gritty
Mini-Pro 2).

To my surprise, the motor was jammed. (I rarely listen to LPs, and
haven't used the machine in some time.) Turning it with the power on
freed it.

I was just wondering... Other than the obvious (gunky grease), is there
anything else that would cause a motor to jam?

breaking up commutator if that sort, or a brush shifted out of alignment