Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On Monday, 10 November 2014 17:27:45 UTC, Chris French wrote:
In message ,
whisky-dave writes
On Thursday, 6 November 2014 20:11:59 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

that's why you suggested ignore H&S and DIYing the job because according
to you you don;lt need to be gas safe to work on your own home.

LEGALLY you can do the work on your own home, ****wit.

No you can't, well NOT gas work, unless you have the required cert.

Wrong, the law says you have to be 'competent' (see discussions here
before)

Where does the LAW say that.
Have you actually read up on it I thought not.
http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/PDF...pplia nce.pdf

What gas work can I do myself?
The definition of gas 'work' is quite wide ranging but you can
perform the tasks set out in the user's instructions, (provided
by the appliance manufacturer) that are intended for the user
to carry ou
t. This would not be a breach of the law.
The law allows you to replace or adjust any component or
control that is designed to be operated, or replaced by the gas
consumer e.g. a cooker tap control knob. However you should
not do anything that involves d
isturbing the gas carrying
components (such as the gas supply pipe) or that could affect
the combustion process (such as removing the combustion
case of an appliance
-
see
Can I take the case off my gas
appliance?
below).
Can I take the case off my gas appliance?
It depends on whether the case is purely decorative
or whether it is an integral part of the appliance.
Decorative casing:
These cases can usually be removed by the consumer e.g. can be lifted off or are
hinged panels and do not need to be unscrewed. A decorative case can be removed safely by the consumer
or anybody else remembering to follow any warning labels and making sure you have isolated any electrical
parts. However, if you are in any doubt, always use a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Integral casing
:
Many appliances have cases which form a seal aro
und the gas carrying components e.g.
burner, combustion chamber, etc as well as being decorative. If removing the case involves undoing a
number of screws, this normally means it is a functional case and it should not be removed by the consumer
or a person
who is not Gas Safe registered.

Pretty much the same as replacing a consumer unit.

Nope.

No gas in my house, you stupid drunken clown.

That explains how you know so little about this then doesn't it.

In this case, your are the one who needs to brush up on his knowledge

Really.

--
Chris French