Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fender G-DEC 15 watt "memory locked"

, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Phil Allison"

Thanks for the tip, Phil. Noted. I'm guessing that this fender is supposed
to keep the bias balance just so as well, as it has low value resistors in
the output cathodes, with the voltage across them fed back to A-D inputs on
the micro as far as I can see. Except of course that there is no feedback
volts a the moment because with - 89v on the grids, the valves are into
really hard cut-off.

I'm at a bit of a loss to see what the supposed advantage is on this
particular design, which uses a perfectly conventional EI cored output
tranny. Unless the valves have gone really badly out of balance - in which
case they probably need replacing anyway - I would defy most users to be
able to hear any difference ... :-)

** Is your Fender a " Super Sonic Twin " by any chance ?

Real dog apparently.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/revie...win/index.html

Sounds like their auto bias board is near identical to the one in the H&K.

..... Phil