Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default OTish: considerations for new TV for elderly mother

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 22:47:55 +0000
jkn wrote:

Hi
a bit OT I confess, but I know quite a few here have elderly
parents... I'm thinking of buying my 80-year old mother a
'slimline' (as she calls them ;-) LCD TV to replace her old CRT one.

The replacement will be relatively small (22-inch or so), but since
I'm doing the purchase/delivery remotely I'd like to get it right. I
am thinking that her (unstated, as yet) criteria might be a bit
different to most purchasers.

so specifically:

- are there any models with specifically large/accessible buttons?
- are there any with remote controls easy to use by the elderly?
- anything else that I might take into consideration?

Thanks for any thoughts

Jon N

I can't help with answers, but you might get more views by moving to
uk.tech.digital-tv

--
Davey.