Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default looking for a decent mechanical alarm clock

Ian Field wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Chuckle. I'm sure there are some still about though, second hand.
I can only assume one needs them on the one way Mars trip where
batteries are not easy to come by, and the sun is not as bright.

My preference is for the "radio controlled" alarm
clocks that pick up the 66kHz MSF time standard.

I think net synched or GPS synched clocks make more sense today.

Some stores sell them, but I'm holding out for a "projection"
type that shines the time on the ceiling as well -

Since I don't sleep on my back much at all, that doesn't grab me.

but not from Lidl, their's develop an intermittent
laser diode after a few months!

Presumably they will fix that.