Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford
dpb dpb is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

On 11/10/2014 10:03 AM, dpb wrote:
On 11/10/2014 9:36 AM, Jeff Strickland wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...

That's still atmospheric pressure of this nasty, wet air everybody's
so concerned about...

But the ratio is so low that it's kinda like the heat in your freezer
when you put a candle inside. I'm all but certain the candle makes heat,
but the ice cubes are not going to melt, so the freezer is still a
freezer.

Are you certain...have you calculated the actual fill percentage and
compared that to the 95% claimed needed to be effective? I've not taken
(nor am I going to) the time but it's the underlying question.

Actually, it's not that tough to get pretty good estimate...

14.7/(14.7+30) = 0.33 -- 33% air by fraction of total pressures. So
w/o purge you're only going to be 2/3rds or so N...