Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT; Desperate or what?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Adrian wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

If you're somehow trying to compare the unions in 1970s BL
with the unions in 2010s Nissan Sunderland or Honda Swindon or
Toyota Derby, then I think you might actually be proving Tim's point.

And if you're somehow trying to compare the '70s BL management
with 2010 Nissan etc you might actually prove my point.

I'm not the one trying to make any comparisons here. But, if you
really insist, I don't think the hamstrung incompetence of 1970s
nationalised industry ever stood much of a chance against the
sheer belligerence and militant troublemaking of 1970s unions.

Have you considered just why the majority
of the UK motor industry was nationalised?

Yep, the ****ing unions had driven them into the ground.

I'll give you a clue. For the same reasons
some of the banks were nationalised.

Bull****.

And by a right wing government.

Bull****.