Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default indirect water heater vs. electric water heater.

Hi.
My 7-year old 40gal SuperstorUltra indirect water heater sprang a leak and I need to replace it. My well=maintained boiler is an oil-fired 7year old Burnham MPO-147, originally advertised at 85% efficiency.

How do I figure out if better to replace the indirect water heater in-kind, or switch to all electric?

Assume 2 adults and 2 children in the house. 220V is readily available. Propane, natural gas, and heat-pump waterheater are not being considered due to availability and reluctance to try new tech.

I'm not afraid of the math to compare. I just need guidance on what to do.
Many thanks!
Theodore.