Leo Van Der Loo

Default Attaching a Supernova chuck to a South Bend Lathe?

Hi Brian

To bad you didn't get a oneway stronghold, the Oneway Co. will machine a
custom adapter for their chuck, but you could go the way I did, by using
a morse taper with a drawbar, they are available with a soft straight
shank that can be machined, I ordered a adapter for my chuck without
thread (for a shopsmith) and made it to fit onto the morse taper shank
(heat shrink it on and it will never budge)

hope this is some help, let us know what you do and how it works.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Brian Wells wrote:

I would like to find out how I can attach a Supernova chuck to my 9"
South Bend Lathe bearing in mind that the SBL has nose spindle thread
of 1½" x 8 tpi.