Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Toppy: Intermittent picture breakup and 'Signal lost on tuner1'?

On 09/11/2014 11:38, T i m wrote:

From memory, only one (5v?) was quite bad but some of the others were
still a bit out after the cap change. However, it wasn't working very
well before and was fine after, till now that is.

I did write the before's and after's down at the time ...

I assume that you already found
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Topfield_5800/PSU_Repair
which gives additional link s including circuits for the power supply.

And Fraser does of topfiled repairs and his list of common faults is at
https://sites.google.com/site/andyfr...eld-pvr-faults
He can supply kits of quality parts for DIY repairs. He can be contacted
on the UK Toppy forum. He posts most days with the username andyfras.
However, I would still check the PSU voltages again first.

A few years back it was recommended that only 6 capacitors were changed
but now the recommendation is to change 18 capacitors.