Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Questions about bonding lexan to vinyl. Was What does this mean , on my Lexan?

| Should I apply the Rain-x more to the inside or more to the outside?
| That is, where does it scratch more?
|
| Did you put lots of crap in the pickup truck and scratch it that way?

I just use the Rain-X once in a while on both sides.
The outside seems to scratch more. It's not that I'm
hitting it. It's more just weather that seems to scratch it.
The Rain-X helps because it coats the scratch, reducing
refraction.

| The saleman said there was mar-proof polycarbonate. Probably takes less
| than a week to order, though I'd likely have to buy a whole sheet for
| over 125.

That's interesting to know. I wasn't aware such a thing
was available, though last year I went to an optometrist
for the first time and got shatter-resistant lenses that
they called polycarbonate. Maybe that's the same idea.
It sounds like the best of both worlds: crack-resistant
but tough. On the other hand, a well-clouded rear convertible
window might lend an atmospheric 1960's look to your car.