Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Toppy: Intermittent picture breakup and 'Signal lost on tuner 1'?

On Sun, 09 Nov 2014 11:06:15 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
A while ago I started suffering highly untypical randomness on my
trusty Topfield PVR 5800 STB. Replacing most of the caps in the PSU
seemed to fix it. ;-)

Now (a few months later) it's started suffering random audio cutouts
along with sporadic picture breakup and eventually (maybe 5-10 mins),
a total loss of picture / signal. If you try to re-tune it you get
nothing.

I'd check the voltages at the PS again.

Ok, will do.

From memory, only one (5v?) was quite bad but some of the others were
still a bit out after the cap change. However, it wasn't working very
well before and was fine after, till now that is.

I did write the before's and after's down at the time ...

Cheers, T i m