Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Recovery CDs for Thinkpad 2647-44U

On 11/09/2014, 12:04 AM, wrote:
I should leave this aloe but...

Got the COA on the unit ? You can download an image of the install disk for the OS. You will likely need drivers, but then of course you find them. DO NOT LET ANY ONLINE bULL**** FIND YOUR DRIVERS, you must find them yourself.. When it says "driver" on the web, whether or not it said "update" is irrelevant. The updates that are real come from Microsoft or the manufacturer.

Reject all of them. I mena really, if it is working, you need nothing. All you might need is a virus software update, your OS and drivers wORK NOW. Why would anyone **** with them ?

Words to the wise, if it ain't broke...

I have licensed W2K for the laptop, the problem is I don't have the
added drivers to enable the ethernet port, modem, audio, and screen
features. So the thing chugs along with 800 X 600 @ 16 colours, no
ethernet, no audio, etc. and while it works it doesn't work well.

I hate wasting perfectly good equipment that can support a periodic
legacy job that I need done.

The drivers are not available from Microsoft, IBM, Lenovo, or any
recognized source, just the scammers and malware hosts. Hence my hope
that someone had the CDs sitting on a shelf.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com