Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default How to glue smooth vinyl to lexan, or to small steel washers,for a short time?

On 11/8/14, 8:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
J Burns wrote:

Contact cement in a bottle used to be sold in stationery stores as
rubber cement. Brush it on both surfaces and in seconds they'll hold
together like tape. If I were doing it, I'd use a piece of tape over the
rivet and washer.

Rubber cement is a different animal to contact cement. It's primary use is
paste ups in the original meaning of cut and paste where you want to be able
to peel the artwork and cement off. Contact cement is for keeps.

What's the definition of contact cement? Isn't it what will stick to
itself after drying on two surfaces? Naturally, they aren't all the same.