Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford
Jeff Strickland[_2_] Jeff Strickland[_2_] is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 11/07/2014 9:58 AM, SMS wrote:

Not true. There is a discernible advantage, but not one that is worth
paying anything extra for. Just never buy tires at a retailer that does
not include nitrogen inflation at no extra charge.

Don't fool yourself that you're not paying for it -- it may not be
itemized, but trust me, it's in there...

I'm curious on how they actually do it -- they surely don't use high
volume N to set the bead, so then they've got to either just mix what's
left after they release that or have a purge system of some sort. That's
got be be a measurable labor increase over ordinary mounting.

--

The set the bead without the core inside of the stem. The air comes out in a
few seconds, they install the core then fill with nitro. I don't see how