Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default How to glue smooth vinyl to lexan, or to small steel washers,for a short time?

On 11/8/14, 6:38 PM, micky wrote:

Any suggestions about adhesive?

Just do it.

Contact cement in a bottle used to be sold in stationery stores as
rubber cement. Brush it on both surfaces and in seconds they'll hold
together like tape. If I were doing it, I'd use a piece of tape over the
rivet and washer.

The FAQ says dew point is important. If it's high, relative humidity
will be high. I don't think the rubber cement I used to use, would cool
a surface enough to matter unless it was really humid.

Through this page, I got a link, under Observations, to weather
readings, including dew point, taken every 20 minutes at the local airport.
http://w1.weather.gov