Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE SpaceMaker washer w/MAGIC FILTER: Need advice on this filter

On 11/8/2014 2:32 PM, wrote:
I also agree with everyone in this post... THANK YOU!

good to know I'm not the only one who searches these
things! I too live in an apartment and just noticed
this filter (after 6 months being here!) When I
first moved in I did use those Tide Washer Cleaners
a few times due to a smell coming from the washer
and any cooties left over from previous tentant. I
just recently got a puppy and do laundry way more
and notice the washer getting a little gross around
the top so I decided to wipe it down when I saw this
filter and that it could come out.. EWWW! I also
threw out the gunk that was in there not knowing if
there was something in there which I now learned its
just gross! I sprayed it down with this Kaboom spray
for mold and mildew and also sprayed where it came
out of in the washer and running a cycle of that Tide
Cleaner just to make me feel better since that was gross!
Thanks for everyones help and good luck to anyone else!

I'm reporting you to the society for
prevention of cruelty to exclamation
points.

--