Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford
dpb dpb is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

On 11/07/2014 11:55 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
wrote in message
One other thing, is if you have a TPMS sensor fail (flashing TPMS

warning light at start-up) Costco does replacements at a cost far less
than the dealer. The batteries in the factory sensors fail at about 7
years. I just had them replace one last month. The next time I get new
tires I'll have them replace the other three since they are all going to
fail within a year and if they change them while they are doing mounting
and balancing there's no additional labor charge.

I have a 2007 and 2008 and the TPMS have failed on both of them. I have no
intention of getting them replaced. I think I was quoted a proce of about $
60 to $ 80 for each wheel. That is getting close to the price of a tire.

The 2007 has about 55,000 miles on it and the 2008 has about 25, 000 on it.
I hae replaced the factory tires on both of them with some 80,000 mile
tires. I should trade by the time I need tires again.

Over the years I've had at least four vehicles can remember had TPMS
systems and have yet to have the first failure. The last Le Sabre was
over 10 yo and 180k miles when it went. I don't recall the previous
one's age (it was folk's when we came back so didn't have quite the
direct connection for total recall). The so-equipped two vehicles
presently are '10 and '11 so they're still almost brand new by my
counting scheme...