AHilton

Default height of lathe

The general rule of thumb, as others have noted, is around bent elbow
height. However, for production spindle work, I like it a bit lower than
that. For hollowforms I like it higher and then higher still for thin or
small intricate turning.

Having it too low when you tend to hunker over it just causes back pain.
Having it too high will often cause problems with shoulder or elbow pain as
you will be in a compressed position in those two areas.

So, I recommend just putting it somewhere around elbow height and adjusting
from there as you work until you find something comfortable.

- Andrew

"CJH" wrote in message
Can any one tell me the correct height a wood lathe should be?