Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Did some today ...

On 11/7/2014 12:54 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 07:21:08 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 11/6/2014 2:45 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I've been making small "canisters" (1/2 inch deep , 2" diameter
or so , with a slip fit lid) out of scrap aluminum and giving them
to friends . One friend took one to a local jeweler for some
engraving ... and there are now 5 of them all wrapped up and ready
to be delivered to the jeweler tomorrow . We'll see if they move ,
he thinks this time of year they'll probably sell well . And be a
nice little addition to the building fund .

Pix?

A little later today on my pbucket , along with a few shots of my new toy
"Rusty" . Worked on it too , amazing what adding some hydraulic oil do ...

Yeah, it's almost like putting the magic smoke back in an electrical
item, innit?

now I can work on the snowplow and mower deck . In that order , likely to
see snow before I need to mow .

I hear ya. Not that I'd agree. I hate that cold, wet, white crap and
am glad we seldom get it here in SoOR.

Look what Portland got a few years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyfjZlOSq2A

--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying

I think we will get clobbered here this winter. I have to shovel paths
in the courtyard for the dogs to go. I think I'll build a maze and see
if they get lost.