Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 12:54:49 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/6/2014 12:46 PM, wrote:
The use of nitrogen inflation actually started with aircraft tires.
Where it DOES make a significant difference. EXTREME temperature and
pressure differences during every takeoff and landing.

Been a WHILE since I saw it, but one SHOW had a
feature about a PLANE that got into TROUBLE. The
guys had RUN OUT of nitrogen, and left the TIRE
a bit soft. That caused a CRASH.

--
.
Christopher A. YOUNG

Here's a couple of Boeing videos that show why you need nitrogen in airplane
tires. It's the rejected takeoff test of the 777, stopping 750K pounds going
at 160mph. That plane is a great American achievement, the best plane I've
ever flown on. I went from JFK to Hong Kong, 16+ hours, non-stop on one. And
over the north pole, if something goes wrong, there isn't a handy airport nearby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4LFErD-yls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4V680UQ-k