AHilton

Default Turning large cones to center a tube for cutting

Oops. You're right Leo. I was thinking of my setup here with a live morse
taper adapter that I just keep in there and forgot about. If you don't have
such an adapter it would certainly smoke something up. g

- Andrew

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"AHilton" wrote: Make a morse taper on the

opposite
side of the wood from your cone section and stick that into the morse

taper
in your tailstock.(clip)
^^^^^^^^^
Is it Terry's intention to have the tube spinning in the lathe? That

would
require a live center type support for the tailstock cone. I can picture
the smoke coming from the above setup. :-)