Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default WW Machinery related electrical question

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Looking at the bottom of the connector, the "30A 600VAC" was centered
accross the top, and the
30 250V was centered accross the bottom. I accept your analysis
below as probably correct.
Being an "industrial strength" 8" Rockwell jointer, the 3-phase
feature makes sense.

It could well be Bill, but the markings on the plug cannot steer you to any
conclusion. That plug could equally well have been used for a 30A (10
guage) 240V single phase configuration. You'd really want to see the motor
plate and any other specuation is just that - speculation.

I have a hunch a greater percentage were probably made for 3-phase than
1-phase, no? Someone must have some
insight into this. I saw numerous rebuilt ones online--and the "phase"
wasn't mentioned in any of them.