Silvan

Default Musing about making silk purses out of hog's ears (long & a tad silly)

Arch wrote:

spices, garlic, anchovy and other ingredients Flavors can meld and
invade the wood's pores remaining as subtle reminders of your flair for
good cooking.

Translation: don't put anything stinky in this bowl if you ever want to eat
peach cobbler out of it.

bowl is properly seasoned and ready for building salad masterpieces.

Salad masterpieces? Isn't that laying it on a bit thick, Arch? (Then
again, I don't eat salad. After I pick all the unpleasant stuff out I'm
left with carrots and cucumbers, so I eat carrots and cucumbers and leave
the salad for all the people with less refined palates.

3. Your custom wooden salad bowl is special and deserves special care.
To develop a lovely patina and your own subtle bouquet never put it in a
dish washer or use detergents (not even LDD, Leif). Clean your bowl as
chefs in the great restaurants clean their saute pans; by scrubbing
with salt and rinsing with water. Perfume-free soapy water is allowed if
you must, but please re-oil.

You might be more clear on the point that running through a dishwasher will
surely destroy the thing sooner or later, and probably sooner. Saying "to
develop a lovely patina...." sort of makes it sound optional.

Hey, not that I know anything, mind you. I'm only up to bowl #7 so far, and
they all suck.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/