Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Stainless rust removal redux

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 16:04:17 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 11:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
whit3rd wrote:

On Monday, October 27, 2014 10:26:57 AM UTC-7, Leon Fisk wrote:

A friend of mine kind of neglected his stainless revolver a bit too
long and it has developed little rust spots here and there. ...

snip

Glass-bead-blasting can be quite gentle; I've used it on corroded brass
and plastic, and brittle corrosion products got removed without
any harm to the rest.

snip

Thanks for the info/reply and now some followup...

Talked to my friend and seeing he already had some Bar Keepers Friend
in the kitchen sink cupboard he gave it a try first.

Said it worked great, gun cleaned up really nice with it. He's planning
on selling it (he thinks he already has a buyer) so we won't know about
any long term problems it may have caused...

Many thanks to everyone who commented/helped with this

\
Thanks for "the rest of the story."

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"