Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall Mount new tires on rear axle

On 11/6/2014 12:51 PM, wrote:
Well PAST time. In 46 years of driving I have NEVER had a blowout and
have only had 4 tires go flat on the road - 2 from cracked valve
stems. Those 46 years included a couple million miles of driving on 2
continents.

A COUPLE of years back, I noticed my VAN was
NOT QUITE right. I was on the 55 zone limited
ACCESS ROAD, so I pulled over at an EXIT and
turns out one TIRE had SEPARATED at the side
wall. Ended up call AAA and get FLAT BEDDED
home. the next day I took OFF the TIRE AND
brought it back to WALMART, as I had the
WARRANTY. Inside, I noticed I'd PICKED up a
NAIL through the TREAD. Back home, and PUT
the new TIRE back on.

--
..
Christopher A. Young