Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N[_2_] N8N[_2_] is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall Mount new tires on rear axle

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:30:41 AM UTC-5, repairman54 wrote:
Sasquatch Jones posted for all of us...

Along with all the posts in the thread the OP admits he needs new tires
anyway...

The latest information I have read is that the best tread should be
mounted
to the rear axle.

--
Tekkie

2x on that. Best tires on the rear axle. It's easier to control a blowout on
the front, you can still steer.
Rear blowouts are prone to causing the rear to come around, IE spin out.

The actual rationale is that less tread = more possibility of sliding in adverse weather conditions. Your average driver's reflexes handle understeer (front sliding) much better than oversteer (rear sliding)

Personally if my tires are thin enough that I'm worried about blowouts, in my mind it's about time for new tires...

nate