Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

On 11/5/2014 8:03 PM, nestork wrote:
'Stormin Mormon[_10_ Wrote:
It's been a few decades, but nitrogen
atomic weight 14, oxygen is 16.

100% true, but oxygen is more "electronegative", which means that it
hoards it's electrons more closely to it's nucleus. It's the fact that
the electron shells around an oxygen nucleus are smaller that make
oxygen a smaller atom than nitrogen and O2 a smaller molecule than N2.

Except for Fluorine at 4.0, Oxygen is the most highly electronegative
atom on the periodic table at 3.5

'Bond Polarity' (http://tinyurl.com/o577e5s)

You gotta know this stuff to be king.

Well, I'd not heard that. But then, I didn't take
some of the higher level college courses. Thanks
for helping me understand.

I guess if I filled my trailer with nitrogen, I'd
have less air leakage, and keep the heat in better?

--
..
Christopher A. Young