Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:17:12 AM UTC-5, nestork wrote:
;3304912 Wrote:

Ten bucks too much for you. That's fine. On a $1000 purchace, what is
$10.00??? Or even on a $600.00 purchace.

Clare...

The fact that the cost is small compared to a new set of tires really
isn't, and shouldn't be, the issue. The point is that paying $10 for
nitrogen in a new set of tires costing $600 is still a waste of $10, and
there's nothing good, admirable or even sexy about wasting anything,
even a lowly 1.7 percent. I would no more pay $10 to have nitrogen in
my tires than I would pay $20 to have a factory racing stripe painted
onto my car. In both cases I know I'm wasting my money, and my brain is
hard wired to avoid that.

There's still a difference. At least with racing stripes you have something
that's visible and if you like it, then it's worth it. In the case of
nitrogen, what you have is 99% marketing gimmick to add $$ to the bottom line. AFAIK, what they have done is extend nitrogen from critical applications where the difference it makes can matter, to the family car, where the difference is negligible.