Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default What does this mean , on my Lexan? Yes

micky posted for all of us...

The instructions written in graphics only, no words, on the backing
sheet imply that I must make the hole through my Lexan sheet 3mm bigger
than the screw I'm putting through the hole.

Is that possible?

Why? Maybe the reason doesn't apply to my situation.

The graphic shows a screw with arrows pointed at the threaded part from
both sides, and to the left of that a circle with a diagonal slash
through it.

Immediately to the right of that, it has

Circlle/with/slash + 3 mm and then a drill bit with arrows
pointing from both sides, towards the bit. So the second part is

Circle +3 mm Bit.

Does that mean what I think it does?

Thanks

It means exactly what you you think it means; it has to be 3mm larger. It
may be because of expansion / contraction or stress from drilling. Are you
using this for a window in a car top or do I have a memory fart?

--
Tekkie