Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default What does this mean , on my Lexan?

In ,
Oren belched:
On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 13:05:04 -0500, micky
wrote:

The instructions written in graphics only, no words, on the backing
sheet imply that I must make the hole through my Lexan sheet 3mm
bigger than the screw I'm putting through the hole.

Is that possible?

Why? Maybe the reason doesn't apply to my situation.

The graphic shows a screw with arrows pointed at the threaded part
from both sides, and to the left of that a circle with a diagonal
slash through it.

Immediately to the right of that, it has

Circlle/with/slash + 3 mm and then a drill bit with arrows
pointing from both sides, towards the bit. So the second part is

Circle +3 mm Bit.

Does that mean what I think it does?

I do not know what you think it means. My guess; is a larger hole
prevents the screw from possibly cracking the lexan - radiating from
the drilled hole.

Video: _How to Drill a Shank Hole or Clearance Hole_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvLOIxtdRyM&list=PL1szv0FP8dUthzyAv88t3sQz hxFLWMXRF

What do I win?

GD.......didn't you win enough last nite : )
You SOBs ain't never happy..............but watchin bammy dancin and the
look of disgust on his face right now brings a big grin on my faceBEG