Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi electric chainsaw

On 05/11/2014 16:00, Reentrant wrote:
Aldi were selling the Oregon 16" electric chainsaw at half price (£28)
last week so after a couple of days use felling/slicing several
medium-size trees at my daughter's I reckon it's already paid for
itself. I was really surprised how well it coped - way better than
expected.

Most of the supplied 200cc oil is already gone. Is it OK to use
vegetable / cooking oil as many websites suggest? It's hardly seems
worth investing in expensive Stihl / branded oil intended for more
powerful 2-stroke saws.

It's probably best to use oil which has been formulated for chain saws -
I think it contains something to stop it being thrown off the chain too
easily.

I use this in my electric chain saw:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsens...questid=266446
--